I want to thank Erin from Seven Little Australians & Counting and Angel from And the Kitchen Sink whom over the weekend awarded me with a Versatile Blog Award. I can't forget to give thanks to Serena from Casting Pearls who also passed along this nice award to me back in October. I hope you will visit each of their sites.
I am always impressed with how wonderful Erin runs a full home and has such great wisdom for us young moms (I dare still call myself that). Angel has some wonderful posts on books. Honestly, how can I not like a blog about books ; ) And Serena, well, you'll just have to stop by and be inspired by her beautiful pictures of one of my favorite things: nature.
Now, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
- Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
- Give this award to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
- Contact those bloggers and let them in on the news.
1. I love books, (but you already know that). Some of my favorites have been Tale of Two Cities and Les Miserables. (Hmm, is that a theme...)
2. I am a horrible cook even though my dad has worked in a kitchen for over 15 years and my mother makes amazing authentic Guatemalan dishes. My husband seriously was disappointed when he discovered I couldn't cook like my parents. (I'm a better baker though : D )
3. Oh, how wonderful it would be to live near snow. I so admirer all the winter landscapes and traditions: But, let the weather get to low 60's or below and I feel like I'm going to freeze!
4. I enjoy romantic comedies, one of my favorites is You've Got Mail, and it's probably more because of the children's book store rather than the romance. I can't believe she had to close that down : (
5. Anything chocolate is good and if it doesn't have it; I'll probably add it.
6. I'm a year round coffee drinker, but come the cold months you'll always find some tea brewing.
7. Crocheting has become my new obsession. I didn't realize how relaxing and enjoyable this was!
I will reserve my pass along awards to 15 bloggers for just a little longer. Like Angel, I will sheepishly say that I only keep a handful of blogs on my reader. While all of them deserve this I think they've already received this honor from mutual admirers. I did want to take the time to say thank you to the lovely ladies and participate.