Monday, December 5, 2011

Wonderful Community

I just started blogging this year, and I never imagined what a wonderful blog sphere community I would encounter.  The ladies I've had a pleasure of interacting with have been such an inspiration on this journey.  It is wonderful to know that even states (and countries) apart there are families who travel likewise. 

 

I want to thank Erin from Seven Little Australians & Counting and Angel from And the Kitchen Sink whom over the weekend awarded me with a Versatile Blog Award.  I can't forget to give thanks to Serena from Casting Pearls who also passed along this nice award to me back in October.  I hope you will visit each of their sites. 

I am always impressed with how wonderful Erin runs a full home and has such great wisdom for us young moms (I dare still call myself that).  Angel has some wonderful posts on books.  Honestly, how can I not like a blog about books ; )  And Serena, well, you'll just have to stop by and be inspired by her beautiful pictures of one of my favorite things: nature.

Now, here are the rules:
 
  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
  • Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
  • Give this award to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
  • Contact those bloggers and let them in on the news.

1. I love books, (but you already know that).  Some of my favorites have been Tale of Two Cities and Les Miserables. (Hmm, is that a theme...)
2. I am a horrible cook even though my dad has worked in a kitchen for over 15 years and my mother makes amazing authentic Guatemalan dishes.  My husband seriously was disappointed when he discovered I couldn't cook like my parents. (I'm a better baker though : D )
3. Oh, how wonderful it would be to live near snow.  I so admirer all the winter landscapes and traditions:  But, let the weather get to low 60's or below and I feel like I'm going to freeze!
4. I enjoy romantic comedies, one of my favorites is You've Got Mail, and it's probably more because of the children's book store rather than the romance. I can't believe she had to close that down : (
5. Anything chocolate is good and if it doesn't have it; I'll probably add it.
6. I'm a year round coffee drinker, but come the cold months you'll always find some tea brewing.
7. Crocheting has become my new obsession.  I didn't realize how relaxing and enjoyable this was!

I will reserve my pass along awards to 15 bloggers for just a little longer.  Like Angel, I will sheepishly say that I only keep a handful of blogs on my reader.  While all of them deserve this I think they've already received this honor from mutual admirers.  I did want to take the time to say thank you to the lovely ladies and participate.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Jenny
Glad to find you in blogosphere:) Aww, what kind words, delightfully surprising. Isn't it funny how other people see us is not how we see ourselves?
btw Thanks for finding the image, do hope you don't mind I used it too:) Love images.

Melissa said...

I love Les Mis and Tale of Two Cities as well.