Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

A little poem and my 7 yr. old son's Mother's Day paintings; he is giving them away as presents tomorrow. I love to watch him work and I'm just tickled that he recently started to title his work : D 

Field of Flowers

Night and Morning
by Dorothy Aldis

The morning sits outside afraid
Until my mother draws the shade;

Then it bursts in like a ball,
Splashing sun all up the wall.

And the evening is not night
Until she's tucked me in just right
And kissed me and turned out the light.

Oh, if my mother went away
Who would start the night and day?


Creative Sunset
I sincerely wish all of you a Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day and your son's art is WONDERFUL! :-D

Celeste said...

I just wanted to say that these are lovely, Jenny. Tell your son he did a fantastic job! And Happy Mother's Day to you.

Collette said...

What a sweet job your son did on his paintings! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day :)
♥Collette

Eva said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jenny! Very creative, by the way :).

Jenny said...

Your are all so sweet! I hope you had a blessed day with your children yesterday; I did.

: D