Monday, May 13, 2013

Blueberry and Strawberry Picking Weekend

This weekend the kids wanted to go blueberry picking and as a bonus our favorite spot had a strawberry patch this year!  We invited my sisters and nieces to join us.  I remember the first time I ever picked strawberries from a local farm.  I was in college!  The strawberries were so sweet and juicy; the experience was wonderful.



Even before Charlotte Mason was present in our home the idea of going outdoors and visiting the farm has always been, well, a tradition.  To pick our own, take it home, enjoy it and, yes, even make some connections to some very well loved stories and concepts; there's no better way to present it to my kids.  As busy as we've been this year, I need to remember this and get back to the little things that are much bigger than what we might perceive.



Don't get me wrong our nature walks/hikes are a weekly routine and habit around here.  However, there are few other things that I must get back into "living our education"  ; )

No comments: