Tuesday, February 19, 2013

President's Day Hike

We've been really good about keeping up with at least one weekly trek.  Unfortunately, I haven't been so good about posting our pictures.  Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I just had to come in here and share.  We teamed up with friends and headed to one of our favorite spots; taking a flatter and certainly more scenic trail this time.  Enjoy!


 
 






Don't know if you see the same symbolism as I did when I took the pictures or if it's just my very sensitive heart being immersed in the season of Lent, but oh the emotions ...

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Lovely! Yes, the symbolism is striking--though I have to say that around here, we're getting buds and blossoms and it's feeling oddly Easter-like outdoors in the midst of this Lenten season. (I'm sure you know what I mean--you're in CA too, correct? :)) I have been trying to do a regular post on our weekly nature study meet-up with friends, and I find that going through the photos in the process of putting together that post often strikes me in ways I didn't expect--the views, specimens, etc. look different than they did "in the field" when I'm looking at them in hindsight through my camera lens. :)

Jenny said...

Hi Celeste, yes, we're in Southern Ventura County area. It is hard not to see spring coming around here too ; ) I have a hard time not posting all the shots I take, lol.